ICONIC BRAND - BIG CHANGES
LARGEST SALT COMPANY
CURRENT FOCUS: GROW, INNOVATE, IMPROVE
LEAN AND AGILE TEAMS
Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
Products impact our communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
- Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
- Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
- Products help communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
- 170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
- The Director will lead and guide the day to day activities of the customer supply chain organization in North America
- An effective leader will help integrate and transform the business – desire for leader with strong change leadership and innovation skills.
- The Director will collaborate with key stakeholders, build collaborative relationships with customers, lead cross-functional supply chain projects, and build an overall enhanced customer experience that enables growth.
The Team Values the following:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to “get into the weeds”
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Customers are loyal to the brand
Director Supply Chain - JD
The Director of Customer Supply Chain will lead the customer supply chain organization in North America to develop and deliver a “best in class” customer service model focused on 1) internal upstream supply chain collaboration; 2) internal collaboration with sales and brokers; and 3) external supply chain collaboration with strategic customers. This individual must be able to create an environment of increased connectivity and consistent communication with Supply Planning, Operations, Transportation, Distribution, Marketing, Finance and Sales utilizing industry best practices. Additionally, he/she will lead and enable the customer supply chain organization to deliver sustained, exceptional service to customers that will drive revenue growth, increased market share and productivity gains.
The Director will take the customer service organization from a call center/tactical approach to a total account management mindset. Focus will be on organizational development and stabilizing and building a talented team. The jobholder will be the owner of the order-to-cash processes in SAP. Lastly, this leader will bring best practices in customer service strategy, benchmarking and score carding. This hire will be a transformational leader moving from the tactical to the strategic and establishing a “seat at the table” with sales and key customers.
Travel – up to 25%
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
Scope of Authority:
Oversees process improvement for OTC and P2I processes for Morton Salt North America, covering over $650K of logistics spend and about $2B in revenue. Supports processes for over 130 shipping locations (from warehouses, plants, and Copackers). Leads strategic supply chain projects including network optimization, logistics optimization, planning optimization, integration, in/outsourcing projects and IT projects (from a business perspective). Must understand the nuances in these processes to include bulk de-icing, consumer and industrial customers. Oversees development of measures, metrics and indicators to assess health of supply chain organization. Interacts with various levels within Supply Chain Planning, Customer Service, Logistics, Operations, Sales, IT and Finance. Interfaces with logistics vendors and with customers on process related matters.
Process coverage responsibility = $2B revenue
Budget responsibility = $3MM cost center budget
What you’ll do:
- Build strategic partnerships with top customers, identifying shared supply chain efficiencies while aligning with customer’s initiatives
- Develop and execute strategies to achieve customer service goals/performance that will create a competitive advantage
- Collaborate and plan jointly with Sales, Supply Chain and the customer to optimize sales while maintaining customer’s targeted inventory levels for any scheduled events
- Develop and manage a set of leading as well as historic metrics, measures and indicators to deliver on the customer service and broader business strategies.
- Work with IT to review and recommend key system needs that are required to fulfill customer expectations in the areas of Order Fulfillment, EDI, and Vendor Compliance
- Ensure case-fill/order-fill and on-time delivery service levels meet company goals and customer requirements by segmentation
- Continued education of industry processes, systems and strategies to improve performance
- Manage the Customer Service facility to include budgeting, purchasing, office equipment asset management, inventory control of office furniture and supplies, crisis planning / emergency
preparedness, employee safety, security, outside contractor bids and scheduling, housekeeping and mailroom.
- Manage the Customer Service facility telecommunications function by directing, coordinating, monitoring and executing the assigned resources of the network to assure cost effective optimization of customer service activities.
- Recruit, train, develop and lead a high functioning Customer Service & OTC team across Canada and the U.S.
- Create work environment that is conducive and effective for workforce development and performance that enables delivery of business requirements
In addition to demonstrating your capabilities of the above, top candidates possess:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Logistics or other business discipline. MBA preferred
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in customer supply chain from a CPG or industrial B2B company recognized from best practices in customer service and supply chain.
- 6+ years of management experience leading teams of at least eight people.
- Solid negotiation and customer relationship management skills required.
- Knowledge of SAP experience, particularly order-to-cash along with knowledge and experience of advanced supply chain operations and systems such as SAP, EDI, VMI, CPFR, Customer Data Systems, Transportation, Warehousing, and S&OP.
- APICS Certification preferred.
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.