WHO WE ARE
Market Leader in Salt
- Over 30 production, mining, logistics and office facilities in North and South America
- Market leader in the US, with extensive brand loyalty extending to Canada and South America
- Products impact our communities; culinary, pharma, agriculture, oil & refinery, chemical mftg, highway de-icing, water softening, pool salt…
- 170 yrs of heritage with a new path forward; financial rigor, prod. efficiency, and innovation to lead continued growth
The Corporate Recruiter will:
- Oversee all corporate and plant level recruiting for Morton Salt in North America.
- Develop and implement strategies that improve local market employer brand awareness.
- Own all aspects of the recruiting lifecycles and adminstration at the corporate level.
Things we deeply care about
The following are attributes of our best leaders:
- Intellectually Curious & Great Problem Solvers
- Self-Motivated, Flexible & Adaptable
- Consistent Positive Demeanor
- Hands-on, willing to "get into the weeds"
The Corporate Recruiter is responsible for managing the end-to-end recruitment cycles for corporate, executive and select plant roles. This individual will need to establish objectives and manage expectations with internal stakeholders, build key messaging for each particular search, post on online boards, build target sourcing lists, manage candidate flow, assist with negotiating offers, and ensure proper systems and regulatory guidelines are followed at all times. The successful candidate will be able to operate in an evolving HR structure and work across boundaries collaboratively, seamlessly, and effortlessly.
When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met.
What you’ll do:
Manage end-to-end recruitment cycles
- Ensure application and consistency of full life cycle recruiting in all locations; including sourcing, qualifying, diversity, assessing, legal, job analysis, salary trends, etc.
- Manage end to end process for critical staff, management, and executive level roles.
- Build key recruitment analytic reporting (to include trends, time-to-fill, cost-per-hire, and sourcing effectiveness) that enhances the TA strategy and drives the contributions of the TA function.
- Arrange reference and background checks on applicants. Coordinate communications with applicants. Work with the Compensation Department on new hire offer development, offer letter development, and other recruiting-related matters.
Partner with internal and external constituents
- Develop relationships with internal clients, business unit leaders and external partners that are based on transparency, over-communication and speed.
- Assist in negotiating contracts with vendors (Indeed, LinkedIn, Employment Agencies, etc) to achieve the best pricing and return on investment.
Manage administration of recruiting function
File and maintain employment records for future references. Maintain applicant flow data pursuant to Affirmative Action Plan and OFCCP requirements, via the company’s Human Resources Information system.
Develop and report on staffing Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) such as turnover, time to fill, cost per hire, etc.
In addition to demonstrating your capabilities of the above, top candidates possess:
- BA/BS degree required; MBA highly desirable but not required
- Heavy preference for experience recruiting in manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 5+ years in talent acquisition
Morton Salt is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Largest Salt Company worldwide
Customers are loyal to the brand
Uses for Salt – Food, Highways, Medical Products, Water Softeners, …
Growth rate over the past year
Elizabeth Brown - HIRING LEAD
Head of HR, Corporate
Head of Communications
VP, Sales & Marketing
Why Morton Salt? Why Now?
- Morton Salt is a highly recognizable brand that, under new leadership, is rapidly executing on efficiency & results.
- Currently there is a heavy focus on finding individuals who can innovate and implement processes that contribute to expansion.
- Unique opportunity to drive change that has immediate and obvious impact to the business – truly exciting for those looking to make a difference.
Salary & Benefits
- When speaking with Olympia, please be prepared to share your salary expectations. We are unable to provide a salary range but can give guidance on if your expectations can be met
- Typically full benefits information will be provided at/near the offer stage. As a $2.5B+ company, Morton offers competitive medical, dental, vision and disability coverages as well as 401(k), vacation/PTO.
As Morton focuses on global expansion, culture will be defined by those who are successful change-agents, innovators and implementers.
Other attributes of building the culture include people who are:
- Results driven
- Continuous Improvement Focused
Office & Plants
Americas Headquarters in Chicago, IL
Plants & Facilities in the Americas include:
Canada – 12 sites
U.S. – 16 sites
Caribbean – 1 site (Inagua)
South America – 7 sites